Thursday, January 25, 2018

Leibster Awards

Blogging from Italy right now, so a bit limited in my capacity right now! Leibster awards are coming around again, and Cafe LaStrange nominated! Thanks for the nomination! Cafe LaStrange is super active in the alternative blogging community and posts some inspiring diys.




The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
8. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

Cafe LaStrange asks:

1. What is the name of your favorite band?
Right now it's Ministry. Their new album is pretty awesome. For some reason I can't link to their newest single, "Antifa." I love how Uncle Al comes out of his drug stupor to yell at Republicans. My hero.

2. What do you like to do when you have free time?
Play roleplaying games and video games.

3. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
This machine runs on tea

4. What's your favorite TV show?
The Thick of It. The US made a version of it, Veep, but the British show is the best show I've seen in year.

5. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
4g and 8g lobes, an industrial, 12g septum, nostril, and a 3rd lobe piercing

6. What's your favorite article of clothing to wear?
rompers and onesies! surprise! also things with giant sleeves, and you can pry my skinny jeans from my cold dead hands.

7. Day or night?
Day

8. What's your favorite movie quote?
"Jesus wept" from Hellraiser. I say that all the time.

9. Halloween or Christmas?
Halloween of course!

10. Who would win in a fight?  Emily the Strange or Dr. Strange?
I don't know who Emily the Strange is...

Ten Random Facts:

1. I am a pretty awesome skier and can go down black diamonds. I wish I could be skiing right now.
2. I hate the sound of metal clanking together. It literally makes me foam-at-the-mouth crazy. If you want to torture me, clash a fork and knife together.
3. I travel across state lines just to see their aquarium. Send recommendations!
4. Best aquarium: National Aquarium, in Baltimore.
5. I also plan vacations around botanical garden visits. Also send recommendations!
6. Best botanical garden: tie between Chicago and Montreal.
7. The carillon is my favorite instrument
8. If I didn't live in NYC, I'd live in Florida. Not on the beach--in the swamps.
9. I read grammar books for work and fun
10. The first game I played after building my top-of-the-line VR-ready machine was Vampire Bloodlines.

I'm very late to the game and literally everyone's been tagged (unless I'm forgetting), so I won't be tagging anyone. It's been nice reading your posts.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating and for the shout-out. I always get a case of the warm and fuzzies when people say nice things about my blog. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampire Bloodlines on the VR? That must be awesome, lol, that's one of my favorite games, like...ever? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wish I could play in VR. No it was just the same game on a really top of the line machine!

      Delete
  3. Yeah I am biased here but Montreal Botanical Garden rocks!

    ReplyDelete