Thursday, February 11, 2016

OOTD: Pom-Poms and Prints/Officewear


Thought I'd share one of my favorite office looks. I've been calling this my "tribal" outfit, which I know isn't tribal at all, but I think it evokes the same bold geometric patterns and textures that many  kinds of folk dress have. 


This necklace was an impulse buy from F21...I just knew I loved the pom-poms but when I came home I had nothing to wear it with. Sat around until I bought the skirt, and now the two are BFFs.


So this skirt is amazing. The bold pattern just screamed at me. I got it at Century 21 last year(the greatest discount store on the planet. Even if I move away from NYC, I will fly here to shop there. BTW, if you live in the NYC area, they're having their super sale now...90% off...90%!!) 

front

The brand is Suno. From their site:
Since its inception, SUNO has evolved from its original African roots to include production in Kenya, India, Peru and its home base of New York. SUNO utilizes the local talent of each country it works with to create a fresh and optimistic collection of unique prints, textures and embroideries layered together to build a bright and modern wardrobe for a confident, independent woman. SUNO was a 2011 and 2012 finalist in the Vogue/CFDA Fashion Fund and a 2012 Nominee and 2013 Winner of the CFDA’s Swarovski Award for Womenswear.
 Ok so maybe I wasn't off with the ethnic influences. And nice that they use local talent.  
back

My god this skirt has POCKETS. And it is the most comfortable  silk ever. Most def worth the dry-cleaning cost. 

Necklace: Forever 21 (2015)
Silk patterned skirt: Suno (2015)
Turtleneck tank top: thrifted (2003)
black button-up: James Perse (2003)
Makeup Forever lip pencil: 2015 (wrote about here)
Earrings: bodyartforms.com

btw, I haven't been doing outfit posts (once the point of this blog) because the lighting in my apt is just terrible, and my good camera is dead and gone and I have no plans to replace it. But I think the blank wall in my office is "good enough" even with the awful florescent lights. Maybe I'll take more OOTD photos. Unfortunately, it would be only stuff I'd wear to the office!

3 comments: